and what falls out

Custom Wrapped Canvas

Just Me

My photo
A small Coastal town called Saint Marys, Georgia, United States
Hi, my name is Ronnie. I am an American Contemporary Folk Artist. I conjure up images, then paint them on canvas. This makes me happy. Nice to meet you.

Inspiration from Brilliant Minds

Inspiration from Brilliant Minds
Painting is an attempt to come to terms with life. There are as many solutions as there are human beings. - George Tooker

Monday, March 15, 2010

Saturday Outing to The Plum Tree !


Come on! Get your hat and coat. It's a field trip!
This time we're heading to one of my favorite haunts,  
The Plum Tree!
Parking around back is GREAT, especially in McDonough!


Flashback:  Here's a shot of their front porch taken last Fall during the McDonough Scarecrow Contest.  The Plum Tree won first prize for their Green Acres display. Eva Gabor looks so at home on the front porch.


The Plum Tree is just a block from the McDonough square and about 10 minutes from my house.
Spring is almost here.

Okay, enough of that.
Stepping inside the door I am hit by this beauty!! Birdcage stuff is the BOMB these days.
Anything BIRD is good!

"HI!  What's new?! The shop looks great!"

But enough chit chat.  This table is calling my name. Pretty hot little rocker too. Hmmmmm.
I'll think about it. Lots more to see...

OOOOO! Check out these dough bowls. Beautiful colors.

So much to see. I hope this lady doesn't notice THAT TABLE!
I'll drape myself across it when she walks by.

 I'm always a sucker for retro treasures to help deck out the St. Marys cottage.

 Let's head down the hallway. There's more!


Lovely bird prints on canvas. These would make nice gifts for the girls.
Let's keep moving.
Joe's watching basketball at home and I still have to get to Michael's for the 40% off artist paints, pens and pencils.
It's a BUSY DAY! HAHAHA ha!
At the end of the hall, a sweet little bedroom full of great goodies and lots of locally handmade things like pillows, quilted items and aprons.  Don't forget to click the pics for a closer look.

HI! That's me taking a picture and waving at myself just as this man came walking in the room and looked at me like I was crazy. Check out that Buster Brown haircut I got last week. I whacked off my ponytail which required an emergency appointment at the beauty shop.  I wouldn't recommend doing this even in your most desperate hour! It's a really bad idea.

Here are the aprons I was talking about. Beautifully made by a local gal. Perfection.

See anything you'd like? Love that sweet tiny trophy displayed inside a lantern.
Victorian prints are always good.
We better make our way back toward the door. OHHH, here are some things Sandy Mastroni might like.
Nice little 50's, tin, plaid picnic basket.

Did I mention that Cindy will ship!!! 
Yes, if you see anything here you like (except furniture) she will SHIP IT TO YOU.
For info on that go here: http://plumtreeantiques.blogspot.com/



One last look at those sweet retro umbrellas.  Cindy and her crew are masters of display.
If it were raining I just might.......OH, I almost forgot!
That beautiful Oak Dropleaf Gate Leg Table!
$169.  Hmmm. Let's ponder this.  What do you think?
My old table nearly tipped over with the grandsons on Thanksgiving.  I sold a painting this week for almost exactly this amount...........
SO, YES!  It's perfect! I'll take it! I'll be back on Tuesday to pick it up!

Have a great week y'all.  Glad you could come along. If you live nearby or even if not (remember The Plum Tree will ship) here's the essential info:
The Plum Tree
58 Griffin Street
McDonough, GA 30253
(770) 954-1928
Open Tues-Sat 11AM to 6 PM
http://plumtreeantiques.blogspot.com/


LOve and all good things,
Ronnie
aka Joe's stove operator

7 comments:

House and Garden Boutique said...

Thanks for the tour of the Plum Tree. If I make it to McDonough, I'll be sure and stop there......it's really cute! Like the bird cage too! I'm in Woodstock, GA. Stop by if you are ever over this way.

Smushie Ranch said...

Noooo! Don't mention she'll ship! We were glad to see this little cornucopia of treasures was in a different state, thus unable to tempt mother. But then you had to throw in they ship.

You realize it's all about us. When mother shops, it means less of her budget goes towards what we want. Like mini tennis balls, stuffies and Nylabones. Please remember that next time you post.

Thank you, the management.
Stella, Gunther and Betty

Susan said...

Thanks for taking us along. Reminded me of my post when I went to our local Mercantile. I just love the umbrellas. How clever is that? I could wander in this little shop forever. Congrats on the table, I just love it. Ahh, such a fun day. And what a fun picture of you...peek a boo, I see you. Take care and have a fun week. Susan

aliceinparis said...

LOVE places like this!! What a terrific wee spot. I would have had a ball there. Thanks for sharing:)

Sandy Mastroni said...

oh you're so funny ... I was actually thinking of being there shopping with you !
and yes ... I do see things I like
It looks like a great little shop

A Cuban In London said...

Gorgeous post and fantastic photos. Many thanks.

Greetings from London.

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Oooh, I needed that! Thanks for the virtual shopping. I only wished I lived closer so I could visit in person. I love the umbrellas!!