and what falls out

Custom Wrapped Canvas

Just Me

My photo
A small Coastal town called Saint Marys, Georgia, United States
Hi, my name is Ronnie. I am an American Contemporary Folk Artist. I conjure up images, then paint them on canvas. This makes me happy. Nice to meet you.

Inspiration from Brilliant Minds

Inspiration from Brilliant Minds
Painting is an attempt to come to terms with life. There are as many solutions as there are human beings. - George Tooker

Monday, February 23, 2009

Not New Orleans!

Blowing off the to do list, Joe and I jumped in the car Thursday afternoon and headed to St Marys for their quirky small town America Mardi Gras celebration. This is not New Orleans!
We had a great time! Enjoy the pics, folks.
The King and Queen of Mardi Gras in St. Marys, dressed in all their royal blue jeaned grandness!

Hot Grannies!
Evil Jester Grand Marshall!
The Beauty Shop Float!
Pedalling Pirate.
The Tractor Brigade that shows up for every parade for any reason.
The General Lee in all its loudness!
Yum! Carnivore Central!
The perfect couple. Argh!
Cap'n Joe in a moment of good behavior.

A few of the dogs attending.

Good Bird!

Laissez les bons temps rouler!
Let the good times roll!
Ronnie

10 comments:

Jaden Kai said...

Very cool. Very cool indeed!

Susan said...

Oh, this looks like a very good time indeed. Glad you had fun!

Buskitten said...

Looks great, Ronnie - bet you had a lovely time! I think the photos are fab - I like the one with all the drinks on, Pepsi, Smoothies etc, very cool! We are hanging up the 'to do' list too, and heading to Italy March 17th! Can't wait - I'll take pics!

aliceinparis said...

I LOVE carnivals,festivals,parades and celebrations. This looks like a fun one. I kept drooling over the sunshine and greenery. So ready for winter to be done with!!!
Cheers, Shelagh

David Ebright said...

Looks like fun - Hey Ronnie - mark your calendar for the 1st weekend in May for The Shrimp Festival in Fernandina Beach (Amelia Island) just across from St Mary's - They do also do a Pirate Invasion (no pedalling pirates - sorry) & the shrimp is incredible as are the nearby beaches. Carnivore central looks like they left a few on the barbi a bit too long. I like the tractor brigade too - was Kenny Chesney singin' "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" in the background??

Renee said...

Thanks Ronnie, I love our little side trips.

xoxoxo

Lisa Gatz said...

Great pics! I love the peddaling pirate and the bird the most.

Ah Ronnie, you didn't set me up for any smart-assed comments today! :-)

Stephen Dell'Aria said...

My kind of food!!!!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

How fun!
I wish we had a celebration here. I want an excuse to wear a green wig!

Unknown said...

great snaps x