and what falls out

Custom Wrapped Canvas

Just Me

My photo
A small Coastal town called Saint Marys, Georgia, United States
Hi, my name is Ronnie. I am an American Contemporary Folk Artist. I conjure up images, then paint them on canvas. This makes me happy. Nice to meet you.

Inspiration from Brilliant Minds

Inspiration from Brilliant Minds
Painting is an attempt to come to terms with life. There are as many solutions as there are human beings. - George Tooker

Sunday, August 2, 2009

No ka oi

Happy Monday!
Another painting complete. I'm really pleased with this one. JUST BEE. It's in my Etsy shop . But I'll be away for a weeks vacation. Back on August 12th.
In other news, My Swamp Hibiscus are blooming! These flowers are the size of salad plates!
They remind me of a place I lived a long time ago, where it never snowed, always summer...
Tuesday, Joe and I are taking a trip. We'll be up at the crack of dawn.
We're leaving the grass,
the weeds,
and the pile of mulch,
and all those blank canvases at home.
This trip was quite unexpected, but something we've wanted to do for years.
When half price airfare popped up, it became a NO BRAINER! We are packed and ready to go!
Where?
http://www.k12.hi.us/~laie/schoolinfo/koolau.jpg

In the early nineties we were stationed in Barbers Point, Hawaii. We're going back tomorrow.
I guess we'll see how things have changed in 16 years. We lived in a Navy neighborhood on the beach, at the entrance to Pearl Harbor. We sat in our backyard and watched as the navy ships and submarines sailed into the harbor with Diamondhead and the Ko'olau Mountains as the backdrop. Amazingly beautiful. I loved every day of it.
Upon doing a Googlemap satellite search just now, curious to see the rooftop of the house we lived in, I find it's still there!
5375 Edgewater Drive Ewa Beach, HI. where it's always Summer.
I'll take lots of pictures.
We'll be back at home this time next week!
For easy listening Hawaiian radio KINE 105 click HERE!
Love and all good things,
Ronnie

12 comments:

Anne said...

Aloha, Ronnie! Enjoy your trip! :-)

aliceinparis said...

Exciting!!!!!! Love trips like this, unexpected gifts! Have a marvelous time. looking forward to your pics.
Like your wee bee too:)

miz katie said...

but..but..
::lip quivering::

who will stalk me while you're gone???

heehee

Have a wonderful trip, darling!! I hope you have a blast.

Susan said...

Enjoy your trip. I've always wondered what this type of vacation would be like.

Affirmation Two said...

hey ronnie, i like the new picture, how do you do the effect on the background that makes it look old? and do you use a stencil for the text or are you just good?

Anonymous said...

VACATION? You went on vacation? Ya'll are smart people. Sounds like a second honeymoon to me....
When you have nothing better to do, please adjust my address, I have a new one! pjhornberger.com What am I thinking, you already know that, you've visited me. duh...

Jeanne-ming Brantingham said...

Ronnie, can't wait to see your photos when you get back. I bet you are all nice and tan too.

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Wow! How wonderful! I hope you're having a deliriously happy time!
Love your bee!

PeachyCheek said...

Hi Ronnie,

I love the Bee painting. I believe you mentioned in a previous post that you do custom work.

Can you let me know more info on that?

Feel free to email me: info@peachycheek.com

I hope you had a wonderful trip!!!

Kim from Peachy Cheek

sweet limes said...

I was just in your shop and saw the Bee picture. It's stunning.

Anonymous said...

Enough is enough... did ya'll move? Ya got over there... fell in love again... can't make yourself leave...:) I love a happy ending. xxPJ

Ronnie said...

We're BACK! Costs too much to stay very long!