and what falls out

Custom Wrapped Canvas

Just Me

My photo
A small Coastal town called Saint Marys, Georgia, United States
Hi, my name is Ronnie. I am an American Contemporary Folk Artist. I conjure up images, then paint them on canvas. This makes me happy. Nice to meet you.

Inspiration from Brilliant Minds

Inspiration from Brilliant Minds
Painting is an attempt to come to terms with life. There are as many solutions as there are human beings. - George Tooker

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Feeling more at home here


Today I have orders to fill and a painting to start for Porsche race car driver Randy Pobst. I've never done this sort of thing, but I'll be sure to share the results with you when it's done. Good or bad.
I've decided to post a painting today that I did a few months ago.
Yep, that's it.
I was inspired by Leslie in Virginia. I read a story on her blog (Flowers of Life) yesterday about fireflies, which brought back good memories of summers when I was a kid.
We call them lightning bugs here in the South.
Gotta get crackin'! The day is awasteing!
Ronnie - in a small town in Georgia

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This painting is very sweet, Ronnie. It reminds me of my childhood when we would spend evenings in the backyard as the sun went down...kids all over just playing and having a good time. -Karen

Anonymous said...

Do you know, it may be worth thinking about doing a art swap thing going on? Maybe help us all?
What do you think?

Anonymous said...

All the best with your car painting. Multy talented! You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leslie Rubio said...

Wow, such a nice painting Ronnie-just as you promised. Glad my story inspired you. I am always so inspired by others to make art when I see their work and hear their stories-it sparks creativity!

Please do come back again and visit me. I am now a follower on your blog. I can help you with the link thing too!
Just hit me up on my email that's in my profile on my blog.

Blessings,
Leslie

Leslie Rubio said...

Oh, forgot to mention-I call them lightening bugs too-I'm in the South don't you know-but Firefly Fun sounded better for the title of that story. In Jamaica they call 'em blinkies! How cool is that?

Blessings,
Leslie

aliceinparis said...

I love fireflies too. Magical wee things:)I must do another painting with some. I've done some in the past but it has been a long while:)
Cheers, Shelagh

Leanne Pizio said...

Hey Ronnie,
I love your blog!
I was so inspired by Leslie's story as well. Maybe I should try to make a piece with Lightening Bugs flittering around.
Your painting is wonderful.
Can't wait to see more of your work.
Leanne